Baby’s skin care treatment is not an easy job but natural baby wipes can give parents a big relief. When it comes to babies’ parents are ready to sacrifice everything they have. Despite all that love of the parents for their babies, they get confused sometimes and start making decisions that could affect their babies in any way. We are not saying, the parents do something wrong, they just get confused by listening to other people.
There is a common practice seen after the baby is born. Everyone who comes to congratulate you on the baby also gives some advice about baby care. When every visitor gives you a piece of advice, you get confused eventually. We are here to talk about one of those cases, for which there are a lot of opinions present in the market. But we are here to present you with the one, which is best for your baby.
Baby’s skin is sensitive and some parents think that back in the day our parents never used natural baby wipes and such high-quality products and we turned out fines. So, they need to understand that immunity levels were high at that time as compared to the current situation. Parents and children both are more sensitive now and more prone to infections and diseases so need special treatment and care.
If you still believe that normal cloth will be the option then you must try this experiment. Use a normal cloth 5-6 times a day on your arm and check out the effect after a week. You will find your skin red and rough. Then how come a baby’s skin will tolerate that normal cloth? Especially in the first 3-4 months, babies throw out, urinate and defecate multiple times a day and you can not use normal clothes. If you don’t want your baby’s skin to get rough and red, use natural baby wipes.
Now that you have decided to buy natural baby wipes but are still confused about which one to buy. You don’t need to worry, we will not leave you in the middle, we have a complete list that you can use to make an informed decision.
7 Natural Baby Wipes
Water wipes contain 99.99% water and are used for the cleaning of the whole body. When kids are born, doctors ask the parents, not to wash the baby in running water. So, in the first 2-3 months parents can use these water wipes to wash the babies.
- Water wipes only contain water and no other additives like phthalates and parabens so, it does not cause any irritation to the baby’s skin.
- It can be used to clean the whole body and even wash the babies and doctors have recommended that normal baths should be avoided.
- , water wipes only contain water and do not contain any other chemicals so they will not trigger any allergic reaction in the babies.
- The pH of water wipes is neutral so it maintains the natural balance.
- convenient to use, you just need to open use and throw it away.
- The packaging is resealable.
- Water wipes also take care of the environment as they are biodegradable so you can dispose of them with normal waste materials.
- , water is very likely to be a medium for bacterial growth. So, they must be stored as per instructions and should be used within days otherwise bacteria can grow on them.
- They are meant to be used for baby’s skin only, so, they can never be used for other purposes like makeup removal or use in washrooms as toilet paper.
Pamper aqua pure wipes are a type of natural baby wipes that can be used after the baby is done in the pamper and now it’s time to clean and purify the baby. Then you can use the pamper aqua pure wipes which contain only water and no other elements that could harm the baby’s skin or trigger any allergic reaction.
- Portable and very convenient to clean your baby. You can use them while traveling and get the same results you would get if you wash your baby at home with running water.
- No alcohol and parabens present that could provide harm to the baby’s skin
- The packaging is designed in a way that you can take one wipe out and left-over wipes will not come in contact with the environment. So, there will be no contamination.
- Pamper aqua pure wipes can be used for multiple purposes like cleaning the face and hands of the baby.
- There are no such cons of paper pure wipes, you just need to be conscious while using and use as per instruction.
Seventh Generation Baby Wipes
Seventh-generation baby wipes are a little bit different from other baby wipes as they are thicker and more reliable and can be used to clear any hard mess from the baby’s body. Otherwise, the water natural baby wipes we discussed previously are very soft and delicate and cannot be used for such purposes.
- Seventh-generation wipes are soft but still thick and used for cleaning any mess from a baby’s body, face, or hands.
- dermatologically safe to use and recommended by the pediatricians to be used for the babies for the first 6 months.
- Alcohol and paraben-free.
- Maintain the neutral pH of the baby’s skin.
- Allergens free.
- A little bit more expensive than other baby wipes but is multi-functional and very reliable.
- It contains some plant-derived cleaning extracts. So, before buying consult your doctor, because if your baby is allergic to any of the ingredients, it may cause rashes and redness on the skin.
The honest baby wipes
Honest baby wipes are plat-derivative-based natural baby wipes. Plant-based natural baby wipes mean they contain such ingredients that have some medicated properties such as anti-microbial activity, and anti-bacterial activity. If you want to protect your baby from any bacterial infection, then honest natural baby wipes must be your choice.
- Honest baby wipes contain medicated properties.
- Can be used to avoid bacterial and microbial growth on the baby’s skin.
- Convenient and reliable.
- May cause an allergic reaction, if the baby is allergic to any of the ingredients present in those wipes such as wood extracts.
Babyganics baby wipes
Babyganics are medicated wipes containing some natural ingredients that are useful for a baby’s skin. Such wipes keep the baby’s skin clean as well as free from microbial and bacterial growth.
- Babyganics baby wipes are free from sulfates, parabens, and alcohol and are completely safe to be used for babies.
- These wipes are medicated and can be used for bacterial infections or to avoid any infections in the first place.
- recommended by most doctors to be used till the age of 1.5 years.
- These wipes contain some ingredients other than water which may cause rashes and redness to some babies who may be allergic to such ingredients. So, use it with caution and by the recommendation of the pediatrician.
Burt’s Bees Baby Wipes
Natural baby wipes contain a combination of water, aloe vera, glycerin, and alcohol which are used for the quality cleaning of the baby’s body, face, bottom, and hands. Burt’s Bees baby wipes are specially made for sensitive skin.
- Burt’s Bees baby wipes are fragrance-free and long-lasting quality wipes.
- It contains ingredients that freshen up the body of the baby for a longer period of time.
- As mentioned above aloe vera is present in the composition. Aloe vera is the best naturally occurring anti-bacterial agent and aloe vera is also used for various skin-related problems.
- Burt’s Bees baby wipes are cholerine free so are safe to be used for babies who are allergic to chlorine.
- Can be stored for a long time as it contains alcohol so less chance of contamination.
- As it contains alcohol and various other naturally occurring excipients, it is not advised to use them excessively. Use once a day and for other times use some other kind of wipes that are alcohol-free.
Amazon Element’s baby wipes
Pediatricians tested and approved alcohol-free sensitive baby wipes to be used for cleaning purposes for babies. Amazon Element’s baby wipes are single time use high-quality wipes for multiple cleanliness purposes.
- Amazon Element’s baby wipes are used for sensitive skin like a baby’s bottom and face. As the skin is delicate these wipes are made soft so that no rash and redness appear after use.
- These natural baby wipes are alcohol and scent-free as most babies are allergic to fragrances.
- Disposable and biodegradable.
- only used on delicate surfaces of the baby’s skin and cannot be used to clean the whole body as other baby wipes can be.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- How often baby wipes should be used?
Ans: On average, the babies can spoil the diapers 4-5 times a day and you will have to clean them. So, on average you can use 30 wipes a day. But, keep in mind if your wipes contain some other ingredients such as alcohol, or wood extracts, then you must consult your pediatrician for correct usage.
- For how long wipes can be used?
Ans: As baby wipes contain water and water is prone to the growth of certain microorganisms like algae you must use the wipes within days after opening the packet. But, if your wipes contain alcohol then it can survive a bit longer.
- Is It safe to use baby wipes other than the bottom?
Ans: Mostly, natural baby wipes that only contain water are meant to be used on the whole body. But, if it contains some other ingredients like sulfate and fragrances then it should be avoided being used on the face or hands.
People say that a baby wipe is just a piece of modified cloth and is for only one-time use. After one use you have to throw it away why we should spend money on it? We can use any soft cloth to clean our baby. That’s the real problem people are not aware of the fact that wipes are not only meant to clean the baby’s skin. There are a lot more benefits to using organic and natural baby wipes such as maintaining the microbiota on the skin which is beneficial for the baby’s skin.
People get confused that they are using quality diapers to prevent rash and skin irritation so why do they need another product? So, that’s where all the problems are generated.
The prolonged use of diapers exposes the skin to fecal germs, moisture, and humidity. When you remove the diaper and clean the baby’s skin with a normal cloth and water, it potentiates the rash and bacterial growth as the normal fabric is rigid and less absorbent and cannot perform the cleaning function well.
There are various brands present in the market that contain the ingredients as per your requirements. You can get alcohol-free as well as wipes containing alcohol. There are medicated wipes available now which means they have therapeutic efficacy and can be used against bacterial infections. Or you can use such wipes as a precautionary measure to avoid any infection on the baby’s skin.
If you are a parent and want to show affection for your baby, you must go for the natural baby wipes instead of using the rough ordinary clothes for cleaning the delicate surfaces of your baby’s body. Makes your babies play happily around by keeping them safe and clean.